Monday 14 February 2011

Screen Grabs of Double Page Spread

Before I started making my double page spread, I made changes to the main image. I had to remove the 59 Fifty sticker from the cap. Therefore I used Photoshop to do this.


Firstly after opening the image on photoshop, I used the “Polygonal lasso tool” to select a circle around the sticker.


After that I clicked the delete button and moved the selected layer to the left of the cap. Then i right clicked the cap and clicked “Layer via copy”.


After that I clicked back on the move tool and moved a copy of part of the cap to the gap where the sticked was.


Here I started to blend this part of the cap with the rest of the cap. I used the brush tool to outline around the shape with the same shade green.  I used the
'eyedropper tool' to indicate the colour.


 My final step was to blend all the colours together so that the cap looks natural. I used the 'smudge tool' for this.
 I also used Photoshop to create a collage of dollar signs.






Following this, I also created another dollar collage image, but added the microphone to it.





I also used Photoshop for the title as I wanted to reverse the letter 'E' in Eminem's name.

Firstly, I used the 'Horizontal Type tool' to write the name Eminem. The font is Tahoma, bold and is 60 pt. 

The second layer is of the letter 'E'. Again, I used the 'Horizontal type tool' to do this and the font style and size is the same as the first layer. In order to reverse the letter. I clicked 'Ctrl T' and I reversed it.  

Here I deleted the 'E' and 'M' from the first layer and using the 'move tool', I moved the reversed letter 'E' down next to the first layer.

My final step create another layer with the letter 'M' to complete the name. Therefore, I used the 'Horizontal type tool' for this. After that, I linked all three layers by highlighting them in the layers box and right clicked them and clicked 'link layers'.

After making these changes on Photoshop, I began to produce my double page spread on QuarkXpress.

I produced my double page spread article on page 3 and 4 of the QuarkXpress file. Firstly, I inserted 2 picture boxes using the 'Recangle Picture Box tool'.


For each picture box, I imported the 2 pictures but made the image on the left a lighter colour by changing the capacity to 50%



Here I created another picture box using the 'Rectangle Picture Box Tool', making sure the box is touching the blue guidelines and I imported the image of the title Eminem.



I created another textbox here for the title, using the 'Rectangle text box tool' and I typed the title. I also created a shadow effect on the title.


I added another textbox using the 'Rectangle text box tool' here and typed the standfirst in. 



For the article, I created a text box using the 'Rectangle Textbox tool' and imported the article, size 9pt. and I changed the number of columns to 3. After that I highlighted the first paragraph and went to 'Style', 'format' and ticked the Drop capital box. I also highlighed the first line and made it bold. 



I added the quote in the middle of the article here. Using the 'Rectangle Textbox tool', I inserted another textbox and typed the quote in it. I also added an effect to the letter E in the beginning of the title; shadow.    


I made the final changes here. I made the size of the first paragraph bigger than the rest of the article, and I made it bold. I also shortened the article and made it's size bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment